View Single Post
      05-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post

So as a general rule Class D amps are good for basss, but took a long time to get into full-range applications.

I don't like Alpine PDX amps much. They feel cheap. That said, they have a great WP$ and they sound better than some others. I have not heard of any tech in the PDX amps which make them sound better than other full-range Class D amps, but they may have some and I just haven't cared to look...

I have heard the JL Class D amps sound better than the others and there is some tech involved which they license. I have read up on that and it might be worthwhile - open to the idea.

But as a rule I am not getting on the Class D bandwagon. I can afford to own the traditional approach, so I will stay with it.

I am interested in Arc Audio Mini amps.
what's that A and B amps?

I stumbled across a couple of sites for diy component upgrades. These guys were changing opamps and psu's I'm sure you could do the same thing to the PDX's or any other amp to improve their performance. It's a lot of work and a bit of a gamble for those uninitiated in the soldering thing. I don't think my ear is trained enough to hear the diff..
Appreciate 0