Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSmooth View Post
Thanks for showing us your testing Mr.5 Your findings are not surprising at all. You should of added more boost and seen the differences which should theoretically grow between the two.
You will also see a completely different picture between the IAT's.
As a side note fan speed is measured at the cowling of the fan. Drive the car at 60mph and try open the door or stick your hand out the window. Its very hard for a dyno to duplicate that. On the road the Stock Airbox will benefit less from under hood temperatures than the dual so the difference in gains might be marginally better than your test.
All in all I am very close to installing my stock box again. Most importantly for peace of mind of its filtering capabilities, its reliability and the fact that I most often running less than 14.5psi.
I'll agree that higher boost would possibly make better results but why would I do that if I'm interested in the results with daily driving?
I've already admitted that the cones would be better at the strip.
I'm personally interested in consistency with daily driving.
Another thing...I could have tested a bunch of different scenarios but I didn't have that much time. I think I got what I wanted.
If I would have done the runs with
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Thank you for the testing.

Do you have any boost numbers to reference? Why the choice of Map 3 which is tamer? Please do not take this as scrutiny as I have some faith in the merits of the stock airbox. But the boost levels on Map 3 are lower and result in less pressure drop than higher maps. Would increased boost result in a greater differential?
Like I said above, I used map 3 because that is the daily driving map.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0