View Single Post
      02-06-2010, 02:55 AM   #638
thanblan
Rep
Drives: e-90 lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLSEN View Post
My car ran fantastic after it had the latest software upgrade, but over time it degraded again then they replaced the cat, coils, spark plugs, its ok now, but I think again over time it will degrade again.

I actually think that there's a few problems to the car rather than one main cause. These are the things I have noticed over 18 months with my car:

1) If it's windy outside I think the car seems to struggle with air intake and stutters

2) If I drive through a large puddle or very heavy rain the car will stutter on acceleration (as if a sensor is getting wet and confused) Or sometimes if I've gone through a car wash!!

3) If I use supermarket fuel (or a low grade) the car doesn't drive as smooth

4) Sometimes it just has a tantrum and stutters for no reason, but restarting the car seems to solve this

5) Sometimes the car kangeroos in 2nd gear (this reduced dramtically after my software update but I can feel its gagging to do it sometimes)

6) If I've driven the car really gently for say 750+ miles it starts to stutter but taking it for a blast clears it out (maybe this is the carbon build up they keep going on about??)

So, with this in mind, I don't wash my car as much or drive through large puddles, I tend to use Shell VPower & plant my foot more often, but I know myself in my previous 320i i think once you've had a major problem it'll never be right again. Mercedes are currently having huge problems with their new efficiency engines, so now I'm holding back to see if there are any problems with the new effecient Audis.
as far as i can undestand, nobody has solved the problem, unless there has been an ecu replacement( i think somebody in greek forum bmw motorsport.gr has solved the problem that way in 1 series).
i believe, bmw must rename the engine series to (inefficiency dynamics).
greek mercedes benz owners especially for the well sold 1.6lit motor do not have problems.
i am pretty confident that audi effecients will be reliable.
i am disappointed from my 320.( it is obvious i guess)
my final call is to find a used-empty ecu which will be programmed and fitted just to rule out this possibility. of this doesnt work i will replace the car with something else. now they are eager to change them with the old 5 series as lons as they have the new 5 series arriving.
Appreciate 0