View Single Post
      03-02-2010, 03:24 AM   #94
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris330D View Post
Sorry guys this is not my point. Clearly the driver has responsibility, what I am querying is the macho posturing surrounding driving with the aids off. Taken to a logical conclusion, why bother with a seatbelt (apart from being illegal). I am all for the driver having fun, in the right place and the right time but what shouldn't be discounted is that these aids can stop you parking in a hedge
Totally agree with your comment, I've read this type of thread on many forums and except for a couple of genuine threads on whether DTC and DSC are best 'off' for snow, most have the macho undertone. It is here as well, just reread some of the early comments, it is not just what is said, but the way things are said.

I'll be even more controversial... if we really are finding our cars restricted by DTC and DSC then I do believe for the majority of drivers, even as BMW drivers, we should be looking at out driving style. Perhaps we are already driving too aggressively, or even dangerously, for... the PUBLIC HIGHWAY.

I've said before in this thread "on the track do what you like", but when you use the public highway and find DSC restricts your freedom to drive the car think again, maybe you are an accident waiting to happen.

BTW, all cars will be fitted with some form of ESC by 2014 as legistalion will apply to all cars and vans.

With feedoms come responsibilities, the more we exercise them the greater the responsibility.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0