YetiDom
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcat View Post
Hi Mate

That’s cool ive been looking into it for a while now and they seem to be the best prices I can find...I think a tow bar is the only way.. I just wouldn’t feel comfortable with my big heavy downhill bike on a roof rack bike carrier and plus im lookin into getting a jet ski so would need to tow that....but i think like most peeps a tow bar on a bmw just looks gay but nice hidden detachable one could work i think.

yeah been to morzine few time now..lookin to spend a good 3 or 4 weeks there this year but iv found a havin car there really helps plus it means u dont have to worry about how much stuff u bring ( spares, tubes, clothes etc)......also its a pretty nice drive down through france ha.....
Can see your point re: the DH bike, esp if you're racing regularly - would be much easier with a towbar system. Plus most of the roof mounted systems I've seen struggle with chunky DH bike downtubes too (i.e. I regularly carry an Orange Patriot which most carriers struggle with and removing the front wheel to bolt the bike to the rack using a 20mm bolt-thru kinda defeats the object!).

Agree on towbars looking g4sh but detachable is cool and prices seem pretty good all being considered.

I LOVE Morzine. What an amazing place. We're back in July but only for 8 days. 3-4 weeks would be mint, not sure I swing that one past the wife mind you... We toyed with driving due to the excess baggage thing and EsayJet - got lucky last time but would have been painful if not... Anyway, enough of my random ramblings - enjoy!
Appreciate 0