View Single Post
      02-12-2007, 04:06 AM   #196
ski360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkerklu View Post
Hey guys, what's the status of your cars?
We are FINALLY making some headway here with our problem. Took the car in this week to take care of the Turanza RFT bulletin (we qualified for the free replacements) and also because the ticking was back. Of course, they could find nothing wrong when they ran diagnostics and the car purred perfectly for them while it was there. BUT, luck was finally on our side. As they drove the car around for my pickup, there it was, not in all its diesel truck glory but not at all normal either. I started yelling "There it is, can you hear that for Christ's sake" and ran to the car and practically pulled the guy out (it was the end of the day and no one was out on the floor). Funny how a female customer popping the hood and gesturing frantically at the engine gets 4 SA's to run out & crowd around. (in contrast to my husband's experience) Unfortunately it didn't last long enough to troubleshoot but the guys were awesome & we hashed out every detail AGAIN concerning when it occurs, duration, etc.
They went over my case with the BMW regional rep the next day & they decided one of the lifters was not getting enough oil, & basically getting stuck.
So they are ordering parts and are planning on replacing the lifters.
Although it looks like we are on the road to recovery, I am not confident at all that this will be a permanent fix as everyone here with this problem ended up going back 2x to get more extensive work done (cam,cylinders, etc.)
How are they taking care of you guys in Germany?
I haven't heard anything yet. All they told me was that they know of the problem and that a solution was being worked on. So now I'm waiting on a call from dealer. If don't hear from them in a couple of weeks I'm going to call and ask whats up.
Appreciate 0