Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Bad luck snake ...

From what I have read, plenty of people have had run-flats repaired.

This might help:

http://www.etyres.co.uk/run-flat-tyres

The risk seems to be that damage may occur to the sidewall of the tyre when it is used at zero or reduced pressure. Because the sidewall is reinforced that damage might not be visible.

I suppose you need to decide for yourself if you are concerned about that risk.

Thanks mate

I guess I am "concerned" and thats why I am asking the questions BUT ... as i noticed the problem straight away and got it fixed straight away and it was no where near the side walls I do feel a bit less anxious to rush into buying a new tyre if I don't need to .. its only done 4,000 mile too you see !

The puncture was ditecly on the base of the tyre and the tyre lost very little pressure (if any) so my gut feeling is that the tyre will be ok ... there is just this little nagging doubt at the back of my mind with it being a special tyre ... but i am pretty sure that with it being on the base area and not the side, it should be ok.

The article you attached was interesting but does not give conclusive advise but I am leaning towards thinking it will be ok.

If it was a normal tyre I would say yes no problem ... its only with it being a RF that I am concerned like this.

Still enjoying the car though ... you too ?
Appreciate 0