View Single Post
      09-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelc73 View Post
After months of being on the fence about it I finally upgraded my 2010 328xi. As most here know, the stock system was pretty awful (at best.)

After a lot of recommendations, I went with Rainbow 4"s and tweeters in the doors, SWS8's, and a Zapco 360.4. I also used Technic's harness.

I'm curious if anyone else here is actually running this system? I've heard/read a lot about it being a good solution but was wondering who else is using it and, if so, what their EQ settings are in the Zapco.

It sounds good but it does seem like the SWS8's give up really early. Once you give them a moderate (READ not overly loud by any stretch) you can hear what sounds like clipping. This seems odd as supposedly people say they need a lot of power to get them moving.

I'm wondering if they are either A) getting too much bass from the Zapco or B) possibly hitting carpet or the grills

Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance!
JC
I noticed the same the first time that I used the SWS-8.

What I used to tune the SWS-8 was a bandpass of 35Hz-175Hz, slope of 24db on both sides. I bumped a bit the 40Hz and the 160Hz relative to the others bands, but no more that 3dB. The PDX gain was never above the 12 o'clock (NOM in PDX terms).

Unfortunately you will have to go back and forth with the Zapco DSP and the gains to get them into your sweet spot. I would recommend "settin 'n forgettin" your iDrive bass and treble adjustments to "0" and let the Zapco take over.

Check the SWS-8 polarity as well and the enclosure seal. I would guess that you are running separate wires to the SWS-8 from your Zapco, correct?
Appreciate 0