View Single Post
      09-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
joelc73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I noticed the same the first time that I used the SWS-8.

What I used to tune the SWS-8 was a bandpass of 35Hz-175Hz, slope of 24db on both sides. I bumped a bit the 40Hz and the 160Hz relative to the others bands, but no more that 3dB. The PDX gain was never above the 12 o'clock (NOM in PDX terms).
That sounds good - I will try those settings. What is NOM and PDX? I don't see those in the Zapco software...

Quote:

I would recommend "settin 'n forgettin" your iDrive bass and treble adjustments to "0" and let the Zapco take over.
Interesting... I was running them at "flat" (i.e. 5 not 0) but I've been having to cut the bass back on certain tunes to keep the system from clipping. I could role the iDrive T/B back to 0 and use the Zapco DSP instead.

Quote:
I would guess that you are running separate wires to the SWS-8 from your Zapco, correct?
Yes, I'm running separate wires to the SWS-8's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post

When you hear the speakers "clipping", where is the bass control?
Generally at 5 (flat) but on tunes with deep/low bass, I end up having to role back to 1 or 2 to keep it from clipping at even moderate volume. That's the part that worries me. I'm not sure if it's an EQ issue where the SWS's can't take the lows (which would surprise me - especially at lower volumes) OR is it a gain issue (or a combination.)

It just seems like these should be able to get moderately loud before choking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post

Also, UdubBadger on this forum runs SWS8 in a 1-series, with a non-DSP amp. It's not the way I would have suggested he set it up, it's a long story, he runs his bass control 4-5 clicks BELOW center, but he's not complained about output levels.
Sounds great - Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0