09-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
joelc73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
So, how did this turn out?
Thanks to guys like VP and Technic, it's working out better.

I know you're not fishing for it but I'd like to publicly acknowledge how helpful you've been.

I honestly can't say enough good things about VP's support on this. I would highly recommend that anyone who's looking to purchase upgrade components do it through VP, he's a really good resource. A lot of guys will tell you that they know these cars well, but VP actually does.

VP and I spent an hour on the phone last weekend and a bunch of emails in between. We definitely got the bass issue under control.

It sounds good (much, much better than stock) but I'm not sure that I would recommend this set-up to anyone else. It's really difficult to get the tuning of the Zapco right. I've fiddled around with it for close to two weeks and am still not totally satisfied. I'm thinking the MS-8 and an amp for the subs would have been a better choice as you really need something that will do the tuning automatically.

I'll keep playing with it. If anyone has a similar set-up, I'd love to know your EQ settings.

Thanks,
JC
Appreciate 0