10-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #167
misterba
Milan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdomPHD View Post
Well they seemed to be a decent build, but there was no way I could adjust the right side to sit still; keep in mind I could adjust the Left assembly with only a little wiggle (I'm not comfortable with it, but I could live with it. I just keep thinking of driving down the road and looking like a fool cause I have 3.5 AE's haha). Even with near max pressure on the screw (a screw with a blunt end fits a plastic piece on the back of the AE rings, this then pushes forward and keeps the AE's steady) it still would wiggle around. If Jlevi stocks DEPO I'm sure it is decent quality, and for some reason my unit was the broken one..

I'd even rig it with tape or something in the headlight if I knew it wouldn't melt. They really do look that good. Any tips on how to steady them would be awesome DEPO owners!! think I'll post a thread about that later tonight..

EDIT: If eBay guy agrees to send me another set, I'll exchange them and hopefully not see this problem again. BUT: I paid 50$ shipping to my house, so that's 50 back, then 50 to my house again. That's 50 short of a whole set from Jlevi lol.
I guess that's the risk we're taking for not paying $1500 for BMW units. I'd like to see the picture, I can imagine how it looks, but if there would be quick fix like hi-temp silicone or something like that, wouldn't they do it already? Also error cancellers will be another $20. I think e-bay guy should cover the shipping for replacement, there was no fault on your side. Why should you pay for it? If you can take close pictures that would be great. Of course if Jlevi would have this version of AE's they'd be the best option based on their reputation. Please keep us updated, it is not over yet. Good luck.
Appreciate 0