View Single Post
      03-31-2007, 04:08 AM   #37
9c1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
To 9c1 : great result. well worth the money. I see you have the dreaded rusty rotor problem too. I'm going to be painting mine up over the Easter weekend. Nothing worst than having a perfectly clean expensive car and so much rust visable. Personally, I think these should be replaced under warrenty. I think the manfacture of the disks are to blame and I'm sure BMW must have compensation from the supplier and only replacing for those that scream loudest.

I've never had rusty disks on any of my BMW's before nor any other make. Everyone used to associate rust with Alfa Romeo and I can tell you in 5 years of ownership that car never had a rusty rotor even when It was laid up for 4 months while I was overseas. Shame BMW .... Shame !!!
vgr02, I fully agree with you about the rusty rotors. The car looks pretty good except for the rust poking out from the wheels !!.

I did mention this to my service advisor when I took the car in for an oil service this week and you're right - BMW don't consider this to be a warranty issue as it's cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality of the brakes, but they did give them a clean up while they were doing the KDS II wheel alignment for me.

It's better but they still look rusty which is a shame.

It's also interesting that I also can't really recall my E30 or E46 having this problem (but then again it might be my imagination as they had wheels which covered the rotors, unlike the 193 spider spokes on the E90.
Appreciate 0