10-28-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumperx View Post
No it's not typical. But I seems the tech or yourself did not torque the spark plugs down enough. I'm surprised at the SA did not automatically caled you in and double check the work -if they performed it. It all about customer service these days.
Spark plugs have nothing to do with the valve cover leaking. The valve cover is leaking because the valve cover is leaking. Spark plugs do not hold down or secure the valve cover. To the OP, just as a fyi here is a link which you may want to print and show your dealer so that they can change the valve cover gasket. I personally would go to another dealer. Once they play around with me they lose me forever. http://blog.bavauto.com/bmw-e46/repl...et-on-your-bmw
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0