View Single Post
      11-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #46
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by da1nonly View Post
i'm in for a group buy. I did it at Krown last year, not sure who Marco is?

My only concern is that it may be getting to cold now, isn't it recommended to spray this crap when its warmer (ie. August).

and for those guys that don't want to drill holes, what's the point of doing the rust proofing. One of the most common areas to trap moisture and then rust is the bottom of the doors , so how are u supposed to protect some of those areas without drilling holes....plus u never see those holes, esp on a black car. As for the 12 year rust protection, you need to get a complete perforation to have bmw do anything about it. If i ever have a car that gets to that point i will drive it off a cliff with me in it.

Sorry, I meant group buy for the paint protection. I'll look into Krown next year for a group buy maybe.

And here's my logic about the drilling. Drilling causes an unprotected area of metal on the door. Also, because of the drilling action, it places stress on that point which further encourages corrosion. Putting a plug in it will create an area where moisture can be trapped. I think it's doing more harm than good.

I suppose something I can ask is for them to put a long tube through the weep hole (the drains at the bottom of the door) and have them spray the Krown in. I know of some people who do that themselves but they use chain wax (the stuff they use for bicycle chains). I'll consider doing that myself too. Anything but drilling (it's not cosmetic since you won't see it - it's more because it'll probably even cause rust!)
Appreciate 0