United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester BMW View Post
UPDATE!

I am disgusted! I just came off the phone with Cooper Tunbridge Wells and they said that the 'good will plea' they made to BMW has been successful, BMW will supply the parts.

BUT... Cooper Tunbridge Wells want £350 + VAT to fit them! and they will not send me the parts so I cant fit them myself!

This is disgusting, 6 weeks ago I spent over 40k on a brand new car and now I am going to have to pay £350 + VAT to get rid of RUST!!!!

I am going to fight this as it is not good enough!!!
The reason you cannot fit them (even if you were qualified) BMW UK would not be able to quantify to BMW AG that one of their franchises (BMW UK) has fitted it correctly.

It sounds daft I know - I work for a German company, and I get so see many strange terms attached to their warranties and they are there to protect the business from rogue claims that could arise.

With regards to customer service - without being classified as being racist. I have noted my years in a German company have shown me the attitude I end up being faced with when telling a colleague in Germany about a product fault. They tend to refuse to acknowledge the fact that there is a fault and they blame user error. Unless we can prove the fault and is repeatable they do not wish to know.

The same ethos tends to follow in the UK as the brand sells itself!
Appreciate 0