DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
<rant>

No offense, but this is a pretty naive defense. Did you expect them to say "No, ours are crappy compared to theirs!"?

Look, this is the last I'm going to post on this. I've got three cables. They all LOOK the same because they all have the same plastic enclosure. The guts are definitely different in two of them despite the fact that they look identical on the outside. The third has a clear plastic enclosure, but looks like it was molded on the same equipment, just with clear plastic. The boards in two appear the same but one works and the other works sporadically (probably cold solder joint or something). The third has a completely different board layout. I'll post photos with the enclosure removed if anyone wants to see the guts.

For what it's worth, I work with microcontrollers for a living. We sell software that works on process control modules for process automation (MODBUS TCP for refineries and such). We get our modules from Indonesia. We get them in shipments in the 100's. We then submit them to a rigorous QC process and probably end up sending back 2-3% because of defects, and this is a company we partner with that tests them themselves before shipping them.

I really Hope you guys will have no problems with your cables. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but for my money, I trust the QC of DoIt, etc. more than some schmo on Ebay.

</rant>

Have you bought doitauto.de cables yet?
One-stop's cables are made by the same person. What do you not understand? Also the eBay account is ran by the same people who are manufacturing the cables. For them to produce a cable like that, you'd probably think they have the software and equipment to do the QC.

I do not understand what you guys don't get.
Every K+DCAN cable on the market is made by the same manufacturer. I highly doubt they will come defective. I've ordered over 5 cables from these guys and I have a do-it-auto cable I've had no issues, and they all were the same.
Appreciate 0