View Single Post
      11-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #9
W12
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d Coupe

Obviously you're own experience would tell you for sure but you can tell your 'clever' mate it's not only BMW's on summer tyres be it RFT's or otherwise that are not 'ideal' in the snow shall we say as a RWD Porsches on summer tyres WILL get stuck if it's bad weather believe me!! Knew I should have had some ballast that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Clearly for most drivers the winter tyres are allowing people to actually move off their drives and join the rest of us on the road. I've mentioned it to my neighbour who has an E90 320d as his wife is seriously struggling to drive the car, but you can guess his attitude..............'I'm not buying a set of 4 new tyres!'
Same no matter who I tell they all have same attitude idiots dont they realise this could save their lives!! Gvmt should make it compulsery like in other EU countrys.
E92 335d Coupe, Bluefin remap, 333BHP, Winter Conti TS830p on 18 MV3's, 19' summer wheels, BMW gloss black Performance grills, DAB, Pro nav, bluetooth, black Dakota Leather- heated, High beam assist, BMW HIFI, elec seats and mirrors, auto with paddle shift, climate windscreen, voice control, uni remote,PDC, extended storage pack.
Appreciate 0