View Single Post
      01-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

aFe Stage 2 installed. My thoughts.

Took me at most 30 minutes to install. Had to screw with the lower metal piece to make it fit properly (Xi thing). Love the sound, not so thrilled about the performance right now. 3 things are coming to mind right now that could be the main issue. 1) I need to disconnect the battery for a while and let the whole damn thing reset. 2) Go through all of the connections and make sure everything is sealed properly. 3) Figure out how to make the stock plastic box acordian style connector fit properly in the new metal sleeve.

Is there a dedicated write up to this shit? I'm not messing with it anymore tonight but I'm just grateful I didn't buy this damn thing new right now. I'm sure I screwed up somewhere, just not 100% sure. (Yes the bell connector is installed correctly, I double checked that shit before I even started the car.)
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0