01-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #57
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
you can split them into 2 groups when its snows
those that drive like grandmas, driving at 2mph and stopping frequently for no reason (screwing those of us who have problems getting traction)
then you have the other camp, those in front wheel drive cars who drive like they're qualifiying for nascar!

my 20 min commute took 7 hours today
I don't care what kind of tires you had.

Why do people drive RWD sports cars in the winter, when they know its supposed to snow???!!?!?!

I saw so many 335s (even 2 verts) M3s, 740s, 645/650s, 550s, E320s, E500s, CLS550s, an M5...a Z06, a 370Z, many G35s a Jaguar, SLK55.....

Why would you drive a RWD car in the winter....regardless of what kind of tires you put on it....

I work in DC, live in Reston. It took me 8 hrs to get home. The traffic was a combination of things, stupid drivers, poor planning (VDOT), snow during rush hour preventing roads from getting treated but also people who for some odd reason think driving their RWD luxury cars in the snow is a smart idea...

I realized after that storm that many people in the DC area have no understanding of driving in inclement weather or in the snow. You can't drive the same way in snow/sleet that you do on a summer street and I think that was another issue altogether. I saw so many SUV's attempt to pass cars stuck on toll booths on 267 only to plow into a snow bank trapping themselves b/c of their impatience. It's like 'You've already spend 7 hrs for a 30 minute commute and your almost home, why risk getting stuck just to pass a car thats trying to get through the toll booth?'....

This type of behavior was just shocking and made me wish I carried firearms under the seats and in the glove box...

I have a C63 but I use my Integra as my commuter especially when I know were getting snow. I do occassionaly drive the C when its nice but cmon....if you can afford a 50k car, you should have a 2nd car in my opinion

Last edited by pdjafari; 01-31-2011 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0