View Single Post
      02-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #43
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanx for explanation, now I understand more what is programming and what is coding. Before I thought its a same thing. On bill I have specifications what they did:

- taillights + installation
- FRM 3 + installation
- oem retrofit cables
- programming

You're right, they didn't code but they programmed a car. I remember when I was asking about LCI's taillights installation, they said I need retrofit cables, FRM 3 and then they will install latest software on a car. Also dealer told me they don't have any influence what is updated - when they connect a car with their computer, it automatically decetcts what needs to be updated. So they updated probably everything.

That also means that second time they programmed CiC again. You said programming won't fix the issue. That gives me a lot of hope that coding will fix this issue

Quote:
The first step your dealer needs to do is read faults. If it is a coding issue, like I mentioned, there will be a CIC coding error fault
Second day I was at my dealer when they programmed a car. I remember when they finnished, one mecanic said to other, to delete errors if they exists. Other mecanic did something on computer and then he told me that my car doesn't have any errors.. Do you think it will show errors tommorow, despite they probably deteled them last time ?

Currently Im at work and Im with other car, so I don't have VIN number here. I can send when I'll be back at home.

Thanx a lot

Last edited by Shakal; 02-28-2011 at 04:25 AM..
Appreciate 0