03-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #175
roninsoldier83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i 6MT / AP2 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifterboy45 View Post
I think that this thread could become a sticky for newbies --

knowing the basics will help people in the long run define which tune is best for their needs -- or if they want to tune at all.

having pics and diagrams of the engine are helpful, but in the long run the best knowledge is gleaned from good open debate --

modern interal combustion engine technology is not that complex, its when you intend to extract more power, that the guessing has to stop, and good practices have to start.
this is not to be looked at like -- "dude, you have to earn your dues", because that the way it used to be... you made a mistake, or miscalculation it cost you big time. I believe that if you have the knowledge, share it, make better modders and probably get a few more guys into tuning. not everyone will tune their cars -- but they sure should know this information exists.
Actually, the day after I created this thread, it was a sticky for about 5 minutes or so. It was taken down quickly (only saw it in the sticky section once), likely based on the controversy it created. I should have taken a screen shot haha.