View Single Post
      04-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #108
ren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1284 View Post
Looks like there's a few of us having this problem. Mine was the 2-3% thing too for a while. Then it was all over the place. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. Rob is out of the country next week, but he's driving up to Dallas 4/21 to meet up with me. I'll be leaving my car with him for the day to see if he can figure out what's going on. I'll try to keep you guys updated.

EDIT: FYI my car is flashed, it went through eventually, but I cannot get the tune off right now because it keeps on going into recovery. We finally got it to finish flashing (93 oct Stage 1 Map) and said, let's leave it at that for now until Rob comes. Also, your car will not run if it fails during any part of the flashing process. Your car will just keep cranking. I found it helpful that when it failed at flashing, I unplugged everything, took the key out and waited 30 seconds before plugging the AP back in and trying.
Mine could never start flashing, it crashed at 3% when downloading the stock rom. I ended with a bunch of codes which I cleared right away, and the car started just fine because nothing was written to the ECU. I charged my battery and tried at least 3-4 times but the exact same thing happened each time, communication error at 3%.

Let us know how it goes.

Rob is pretty good at responding to e-mails, and I'm sure he will figure out the problem once he finds a car with this issue. At the end, this is still a beta version for our models so I can't complain, especially with this level of customer service.

So we have BMR335, michael1284, erensf and lawwailok. I wonder what's common among our cars that's different from all other 2007s that didn't have any issues.
Appreciate 0