View Single Post
      06-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #14
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Lord
MB BMW knew I had the oil changed at 16K miles ( when it was due to be changed )
MB BMW has been changing the oil when the computer said to change it with the maintenance.
The oil was just changed 4k miles ago and now the engine has failed due to sludge that just now happened ?
BMWNA said I voided the warranty by not having the oil changed at 16K miles, now that I have given them proof they say they do not honor oil changes that are NOT done by BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Car isn't under warranty. Also the independent said that he could not reset the computer because it would void the warranty not BMW. Finally it sounds like the guy drove it for 11 thousand miles with the computer showing it overdue. When he brought it in for a HFPF issue they changed the oil and my guess is reported it as overdue because at that time they had no other information to go by to say otherwise. Sounds like the OP did not point out the independent oil change until the car was out of warranty and the engine was ruined and he was looking for BMW to cut him a break. I don't see how BMW has done anything wrong at all. Nor has the OP really, things happen. It sucks but BMW is not responsible for this repair although it would be nice if they would help him out.
Appreciate 0