11-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
You dont have to amp your rears. Just include the rear incoming into your amp, and out going just have your front and your separate woofer wires (so your front speakers). Don't even use rear outgoing. Basically what this is doing is completely disconnecting your rears, and redirecting your rear PDC to your fronts:

Front and Rear HU Output (joined to 2 channels or separate as 4 [not sure if you can join RCAs, i think you can but im unaware of the quality consequences. However I don't think it should change too much]) -> Amp -> Front outgoing and separate woofer wiring

If you're worried about your rears being completely disconnected, which i wouldnt, then you can probably find a way to split the rear incoming:

Rear HU Output -> Split between Amp AND rear outgoing -> Front outgoing and woofers

Again i'm not too sure if this would have any quality consequences. But even with this, your rears will still be a lot quieter than your fronts, so there's probably not much point in doing this.

So to keep your rear PDC without amping your rears, then these 2 solutions should work, but you'll get the gongs at the front obviously
OP
If you were to use MS-8, the above method is valid and MS-8 will create cleans signals for amp.
Considering your amp, there will be -ve consequences of this method on your sound output, and as mentioned do it on your own risk.