08-30-2010, 02:40 AM   #7
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete2662 View Post
WingZeroX5, good point. All my Mp3s are 320kbps. Do you think 192kbps Mp3s will work fine? They should, no?
I will have to convert my music to WMA and see if they work fine or not. Converting them though will be such a hassle, I burn a full 700mb mp3 cd every 2-3 weeks! It will take too long!

tbensous, same problem using the hard drive definitely means that it is a compatibility issue that still exists with the newer iDrives/BMWs! We just have to find out what it is!
Yep, they should...BUT...I cannot say for sure because it is buggy. Sometimes it might, and others it might not lol.

I used Roxio's batch converter. What I do is make a new folder on my desktop, and label it. Then, using the batch converter, take all the original MP3 files and dump it into the program. Set WMA 128kbps, point it to the new folder I, return 20mins later, burn.

I must note that I burned the WMA's using 22x, not the slowest and it still works.

It would be simpler to just convert to a lower bitrate and/or use a different codec container rather than figuring out what's bugging iDrive's
Appreciate 0