View Single Post
      06-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #116
lukasbmw
Beach Bum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i / 2005 C55

FUCK!

If I had known about the blendmount I wouldn't have just spent the last day and a half fabricating my own bracket out of aluminum. It was a gigantic pain in the ass.

As for hardwiring, I had two issues:

1. The "vampire" clip I got with the V1 factory hardwire was either FAULTY or was meant for bigger wires. It didn't have a solid connection. The V1 would power on an off as the unit did not have a solid power connection due to the faulty connector. I had to buy a similar connector (tap splice) from ACE hardware. The "Tap Splice" connector was for 22-18 gauge wire. Problem solved.

2. I originally grounded to the HEX bolt because it was easier to get to. BAD DECISION. My V1 would throw a fit when I opened or closed the sun roof. That 10mm bolt is a bit harder to get to, but once I tapped into that for the ground, PROBLEM SOLVED. I think that hex bolt is not a good ground as it bolts the sunroof motor assembly to the chassis while the 10mm bolt goes directly to the chassis. I cursed up a storm trying to get that ground to the 10mm bolt.

3. I originally had the SOS fault too. The SOS connector is the white one. Make sure it clips fully back in. That was my problem.
2004 SL600 - Sold
1999 540i - Sold
Appreciate 0