02-26-2023, 08:14 PM   #19
Rafichicago
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Not so appealing to America I think. What are your thoughts on why they don’t sell them here?
I am European. It possibly, just my opinion, comes down to generally wider roads and more space in general. Different infrastructure that allows for larger vehicles here in the states but also different design tastes. It possibly has something to do with how wagons are seen by Americans in general. Look at wagons made by US carmakers from 70s and 80s. All those Buicks, chevys etc with wooden panels around the body. For the same reasons pickups don’t sell in Europe. People consider them too big too thirsty and not utilitarian at all with uncover cargo space. They much prefer vans for that duty. Maybe that is how average American’s perception on those wagons today? I might be mistaken here but it seems to be the case for some. Average car buyer is not too knowledgeable if it comes to cars and just goes by what they see in commercials or talks to friends or family members that know a little more when making car purchase decision.
Appreciate 3
Patton2502939.50
Namelss769.00