12-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #647
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
so i am noticing a sound from my front R wheel well at slow speeds. i feel as if it's a pulsatile sound with every rotation and noticeable mostly when going slowly and turning right (and less so when turning left - clear when going straight). also, it is constant, although at a greater amplitude in pulses, as mentioned. there is no change with different suspension settings. the wheels have been changed to winters and this problem was not apparent at that point. there have been no other recent changes. there is a spacer in the front wheels, under which I have applied anti-seize. i have not reverified the nut torques or seen if the tire is scraping anywhere. that is on my to do list. also, i still have 30% left on brakes. i have not perfectly scanned the rotors to see if they are clear (eg stone stuck or smthg), but that is also on my to do list.

any opinions on what this may be otherwise?

thx
best to do the checks that you already mentioned. it might be a small issue.

i have had similar rubbing noises on my RS before.... it turns out, it was one of the fender liners that have came lose due to a missing screw and was rubbing against the edge of one of the tires. i replaced the missing bolt and everything was fine.

worse case scenario is that you might need a wheel bearing replacement. how much mileage on the car right now ?

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0