View Single Post
      09-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Vargas Turbo upgrades updated

Stage ones are available now, stage 2's hopefully in the next 3 weeks, and stage 3 around Christmas. There will be various options for stage 3 for turbo charger choices supporting between 600-900HP these are Garrett numbers based on what each turbo will support. Here are some pictures for you guys to take a look at. I have CHRA's lined up ready to go for final cleaning and assembly as soon as I get my turbine housings back they will be going together. I also included some pictures of the 3 different size wheels, The smallest being stock, medium being Stage 1 (14T), and biggest being stage 2 (15T). I didn't mention this before but we felt the stock turbine wheel and rather large size of the 15T wheel do not match very well and the tiny turbine will drive the bigger wheel well outside its efficiency range close to the surge line. So for stage ones we use a 14T MHI wheel which is more suited to the stock wheel and will provide a flow gain over stock but will not be getting close to ths surge line as the 15T does with the stock turbine. Honestly the stage ones are a really great alternative to replacing worn out stock turbos. We have a car in here now that is getting stage ones and we will be testing soon. The compressor housings you see are stage ones after being machined prior to final cleaning. You will also see that we have our test car in for the stage 3 fitment and fabrication as well as the turbos and some other fabrication bits. We have done some test measuring and are confident this can be done with a little ingenuity and careful fitment. Take a look at the photos and feel free to ask me any questions. Also to answer some of waste gate questions. The stage 2 will all get a new billet Stainless Steel oversize wastegate flapper and arm. This will be an option on stage 1's for an added cost. We are waiting on these to come back as well and are being told about 2 weeks. I look forward to hopefully working with you guys. Please PM me or email me at Tony@vargasturbo.com with any questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0