View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
Shon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

E85 with JB4 Map 5 Experience

Yesterday I decided to give it a try. Mixed 2.5 gallons of E85 with 91 octane on JB4 map 5. Did a few WOT runs for the engine to adapt the mix and my oh my, the car is a fawkin rocket. I made some WOT run logs, will email it to Terry and post later. Some notes,

1. The car felt like stock till I did the WOT runs, after that it feels very responsive. A slight tap on the paddle throws you back.
2. A lot more torque on the low end. My rear tires lost traction a few time when punching it on 2nd and 3rd(Tires are Michelin SSP Summer bought in December)
3. On the high end, I felt slight increase in power on the 5th and 6th, not the same as the lower end.
4. Engine temp was around 240 but never passed it. Outside temp was around 92 yesterday.

Next time I will try to push it up to 3 gallons, see what happens. Question here is, Why are the rear tires loosing traction? Do I need better suspension?

Edit: Everything is stock except the previous owner removed the stock mufflers and had straight pipe, I have Borla XR-1 Mufflers only. The entire exhaust is stock, only different mufflers.

Log time: Emailed the logs to Terry, he said everything looks good.

Last edited by Shon; 04-09-2013 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 0