View Single Post
      09-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
I was just about to order Individual Audio front mid-ranges, tweeters, connecting lines, corner moldings, seals and spring clips when I read this. However, I think I should continue ordering as I have e92 that has less room for speakers and OEM Individual Audio is more shallow than Rainbow? The only downside is that I don't know if 4" mid is really worth that much per piece...

I assume that despite of having Oct 2006 e92 and the availability of individual audio listed is from mid 2007 onward, it should still fit?

What are the "+core" notes on the real-OEM? Something to do with the speaker grill, of which part number I did not find anywhere yet?

Would I need "Plug housing on request"? They list 6 of them in total.
The OEM Individual Audio mids will fit your E92, but that's not the real issue. The issue is what you are going to use as an amplifier for those speakers as the Individual speakers impedance is double your current OEM speakers.

You cannot use your current OEM amp or HU with these speakers and expect an improvement in sound quality. You need an aftermarket amp.
Appreciate 0