View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #44
g0at23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09' 335i coupe M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStone View Post
If you can wait, Mercedes AMG is switching over to all AWD models (except for S- and SL-classes) next year. Get yourself a C63 AWD coupe and never look back. I traded my C32 AMG for my 335 and I have regretted it all four times I have been to the BMW service department so far. My old Merc was much more durable, and more importantly to me, much more DIY-friendly. BMW had my 335 for two days to diagnose a bad battery, replace it and register it. In a Merc, you just replace the battery and be on your way. Brake pad changes take two minutes per caliper and require only a large pair of slip-joint pliers, a drift pin and a small hammer. Oil changes are done from the top of the motor and can be accomplished in minutes with only a filter wrench and oil extractor. Turbo motors are so easy and cheap to mod, but a big naturally-aspirated V8 is just so much more durable. Good luck and let us know where you land
wow I didn't know they were going AWD. I've driven my buddy's c63 sedan and the sound of that engine and exhaust was amazing. I wonder how it will be with 4 wheel drive. That was one of the major gripes according to the reviews. I haven't pushed it myself. Performance wise it probably kills anything in the price range if it can put the power to the ground.
Also, NA engines especially NA v8s are bullet proof. That's the main selling point for the rs5 for me.
Appreciate 0