NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mushroom View Post
Hello to you all.

I have spent the last couple of days lurking around and getting as much info as possible.

I am looking to change my current car (Merc c180) to a e90 through a company scheme and as such my budget is restricted (though not that bad really)

I have decided that a 320d M Sport is the most economically sound for me, I wanted to go to 6 cylinders but cost and tax cripples me:mad: .

So I can Spec the car up a little - Le mans blue I feel is a must as recognisable as M Sport (though did see a crimson red that looked swell)

I have decided not to do auto (I will miss this) as the tax nearly doubles and for the ease I feel robbed.

Leather - I have this at the moment and with a little nipper in the back easy to clean but I like the alacantara look and feel plus not to cold in winter.

Sat Nav Pro - by foresaking the above i can add this as an option but I have a TomTom already with Bluetooth added. I suppose is the near £2k worth it is the question I have niggling me. I would get the bluetooth and voice control also - so that is £2.5k!!! Would you have this above Leather and Auto?? i need some reassurance I am doing the right thing.

Other options I am considering:
  • 18" Alloys - the look, the feel
  • Diesel Particle Filter - gets rid of the droop, put 2 shiny pipes on the back but £415!!
    If I don't go for those I can put the xenons on the front - never had them before but everyone seems to praise them. but then I have a droopy backside and smaller shoes!!
  • Rain Sensor & Automatic headlights because I have to concentrate on gear changes again!!
  • tinted glass in the back to stop the little one screaming everytime the sun is in her eyes
  • Front/rear park control - i'm not sure front is really necessary but have it at mo and does make life easier
  • Exterior Mirror Pack - Like to have a button to save me walking around the car to push in mirrors

I was considering DAB as I listen to Radio 5 quite a lot but having tested (with a portable) over the M62 and M1 I feel the UK isn't quite at the peak of this technology yet!!

Anyway a long thread to say hello and is the Pro Nav worth it or is it a toy I may get bored of?
What do you feel about my options, any other choices, suggestions, opinions

Many Thanks

Bob

Nice choice of car.

I'd say this ..

The alcantara is great and leather is not necessary at all.

The Tom Tom nav is actually better than the pro-nav. The only advantages of paying the money are to get idrive - which is nice for the phone and radio etc and to get rid of dangly cables and brackets.

I sold my last car because the auto bored the pants of me. So I'd stick with manual for definite. It's a personal view, but I see it as paying more for a less involving drive.

I'd definitely go for the particulate filter and the 18 inch wheels. I regret not having the privacy glass on my car.

The rear PDC is fine. I have both on my e60 and I don't miss the front one at all.

I also have no problem folding my mirrors myself.

Have fun choosing.
Appreciate 0