View Single Post
      01-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #52
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Sam - I bought my tips and fitted by a local exhaust place. I was goignt to go for the CYBA ones but again I hate paying import tax/duty and will try to avoid it.
With the performance gatitor can you PM me how much yours cost?

Mob - its a bit a diififcult to say, take it on a longer mway run to see what the mpg is. If it it only reaching 87 deg max then it is a touch low (but could be due to cold conditions) but nothing to worry about imo. Mine only used to reach max 81-82 degrees and I got around 26-28mpg until I changed both thermostats and hit 91 degrees or thereabouts regardless of weather. I would keep an eye on the temp over the next week or so and see what you get (report back). If it does not get past 75 degrees then I would be looking at replacing both stats.

I take it you have the base stereo like myself? I thought it was ok but I did not have anything else to compare it against - all I know is the maxium depth in the door cards on the e92 is 44mm so quite limited to speaker choices. I have noticed there is more choice in 5" than 4" but not sure how much modification would be required in the door cards.
Appreciate 0