View Single Post
      05-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEdwards View Post
So is it likely the dampers are past their best? If so what would be recommended as a replacement? I want a decent blend of real world comfort and performance on shitty UK A and B-roads - no smooth race track setups please! I've heard Koni FSDs mentioned as being good for comfort...? On the other hand I don't want something that classes as a "modification" for insurance purposes. (likewise have no desire to change springs and ride height).

Thanks!
I run Koni FSDs, like the feel of improved secondary ride comfort and better primary control. I'm on SE suspension and they work really well, now done over 40k miles on them and still pleased.

Insurance... was hard to explain these dampers weren't really a sport upgrade, but a better controlled and more comfortable damper than OEM. The change wouldn't alter the look of the car, etc. They just noted the change on the policy and added £100 to the excess, due to them being non OEM and over a certain value. £250 was the value threshold, if I remember it correctly.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0