View Single Post
      03-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

Not sure. I'm a tweaker and a show-me-the-results-for-myself kind of guy, so if there's a flavor of DSP I can try, in the same or lower price range, that takes up less space, I may do an a/b comparison with the JBL. Now that I'm no longer using the JBL amps (didn't realize how poor they were at driving the underseat woofers!), I don't have a center channel, and I don't need something to remove HU processing (I have the hifi head unit with flat stereo output) something smaller, cheaper, less finiky would appeal to me. (Oh and perhaps due to my installation skills or lack of knowledge about settings, but even with an external amp, I still get a bit of a thump when it powers down.) I was VERY impressed with what adding the MS8 to an otherwise stock system did for the quality of the sound, for under $500 bucks. I'm less sold on it now that I am using less and less of the features. But the MS8 may still be the best option available.

It just seems like the test tones used require us to be a little more creative in our setup than the MS-8 is designed for. In fact, on the DIYMA forums, it really sounds like JBL is working on a (long delayed, may never see the light of day) firmware that offers more flexibility/appropriate setup options in cars like ours.
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.

Last edited by nato-main-man-5am; 03-24-2012 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0