View Single Post
      06-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
Surfdog
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Unfortunately in parking lot accidents it is 50/50. Unless the owner of the property decides to lay charges but you said it's City of Toronto parking right? So unless the city wants to lay charges, you're out of luck bro.

A hit and run is a different scenario though!

In Canada, your insurance will always pay for your damages and the other parties insurance will pay for theirs. Afterwards, the insurance companies go after each other in court or settle it in other ways.

If you haven't reported it, hurry up and call the cops and drive in and report it at the closest police station to where the accident happened. You get to tell your side of the story first and usually, the police will side with the person that came forth first. Because you didn't run away and went to the police.

Lesson learned, get a dash cam I've got mine coming in the mail already because my wife's car got smacked in a parking lot and the d'bag ran away so we filed a police report, told insurance and paid no deductible and got the car fixed. No increase in insurance or anything. In fact, my insurance went down a bit...

GL and hopefully you get this resolved
Appreciate 0