03-22-2011, 12:32 AM   #54
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
It comes on around 8 psi.

I was just going to do some test runs to evaluate the dual nozzles, but noticed meth spraying in engine compartment. At first I thought it was water from the rain. But tonight, with no rain, I was still getting the droplets all over the intake pipe area. Trying to find which of the myriad of connections was leaking to no avail. Finally I did a paper towel wrap around the connections and found the culprit connections. I'm going to recut some new line and reinsert the two sections. I'm not really a fan of these press-in compression fittings. I would rather have the ones where you slide the compression ring on the hose, put the metal insert in and tighten it with a wrench. (like the fittings that I use on the second meth nozzle valve)
I upgraded most of my fittings to metal fittings to avoid leaks. The composite/plastic corrode over-time, especially with higher meth mixtures.

I think you can find yourself better timing. Its simply strange that your timing is unnaturally low considering meth and or race gas use and such low PSI.

On 17 and 18 PSI... Stock exhaust through and through. Stock intercooler ETC. I have 10+ degrees ignition from 4000 RPM to redline.

Are your boost levels reading correctly? Maybe your TMAP sensor needs a cleaning. I feel like you might be seeing higher boost then what is being read, especially since your timing isnt stellar.

But then again, now that you have a leak, most of the data is not useable. I guess you have more to look forward to as soon as you fix your leaks.

BTW you could have checked for leaks simply priming the pump? That;s how i found my leak. I pretty much do a daily test and prime on my meth.
Appreciate 0