07-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #27
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby-tc View Post
I never once said halfords wheels were better so if you want to quote me try reading my posts first.I said they look no better (visually) than some of the offerings in Halfords meaning that all solid 5 spoke alloys are a pretty similar style.You are obviously a purist and rate the 230s over everything else but fortunately i like my cars to look a little different from all the rest.I am not going to get into a petty arguement with you you have your opinions and so do i

Lets leave it there
If you feel what you see on offer in Halfords is visually as good, that worries me that you can't see any difference.

I will leave it at this too. It just came across as a cheap bitchy remark and even considering all, I still can't even begin to think how you can compare designs. Nothing is remotely close from what I've seen.

I've nothing against CSL wheels, they look good and seem to suit some cars better than others.

Nothing to do with being a purist I just think the smoothness of the 230s blend in far better to the lines of the e92. Smooth lines of a coupe and smooth lines of the 5 spokes with contours work with each other in my opinion.

On saying that, it seems loads of people are going down the CSL replica route at the moment. So obviously lots of people either prefer them or cost is the issue.

Each to their own, without making cheap comments.

You would have known posting on a BMW site comparing quality products to Halfords of all places was going to stir a response?

I should not have raised to the bait.
Appreciate 0