View Single Post
      09-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #158
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Thanks. My daughter is the most important thing. As much as I love her be with her all the time, I know she would be better of being her mother because of my long hours of work and commute. That's why I wand joint custody so that I would have saying in decision made for my daughter, but I would allow my wife to have full physical custody.

As you said one you have kids, it is completely different ball game. We had a perfect marriage until my daughter was born. Then everything went upside down. Almost each divorce that I am aware of took place after kids.

In terms of waiting for laws to change, I think it is along shot and I don't want to stay married any longer.

I started leaning towards the idea of giving her one time larger amount of money. I am not sure how much that would be but I am willing to give up my life time savings, and maybe part of my 401K. I am not going offer her any money, and wait to see the final numbers of alimony per month and length). Then I will make an offer, any where from $100,000 to $250,000 (that's beside her share on our assets including the house which is almost paid off). So this way I can have piece of mind.

Still thinking and thinking and thinking and thinking .....
I feel like if you wait until after, the best choice will be clearly apparent to both sides and any deal favorable to you would be rejected.

I'm not a lawyer though.

In the end, maybe it would be best for you to just get a separation and not a full blown divorce. Then, just ask yourself, "Is this really that bad?", and let time play it's role. You never know what will happen, but could it really get any worse?