Nushibo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335D

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_vs_ View Post
I decided to relocate the catch to to an area much closer, since the can is small enough. Previous location was just fine also.

Looks like the catch can is definitely working. After only 150 miles of driving, the bottom of the can was already coated. It was mostly stop and go traffic in rush hour commute, and occasionally WOT.

I upgraded to AN-10 Nylon braided hoses. Had quite a difficult time cutting these hoses; a regular blade will not work. Had to use an electric saw. These are extremely durable hoses, used in performance automotive applications.

New location: Can fits just fine, held by friction. It is very close to the cooler, but not touching any part of it. Moving forward, if I see any issues, I will locate the can back to where it was.
Very nice! I like it. It would seem you dont have to worry about basically anything lol. Except removing it when the time comes. Im loving all the locations everyones coming up with. Ill check back on my can in about another 500 miles. Just hit 2k with it. After this final test if i dont see any leaks or problems time to let this baby run until the car blows!(knock on wood)

But let us know if theres any changes you can tell performance wise. If you feel any of the things i mentioned be careful and check the setup. Im just glad i have time to work on this thing lol. Ive taken it apart three times so far.

Only thing i would worry about is the can slipping other than that looks great!
Appreciate 0