View Single Post
      06-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Garage List
2022 M4  [0.00]
So i developed a horrible knocking sound..

I only drove my car ~800 miles since January because of all these problems i've been having. All these problems might have originated from the first problems and likely caused a chain of events. About 2 months a go, I was having a spirited driving session on the freeway and all of a sudden the half check engine light comes on. I immediately go on the side of the freeway and let the car cool for 10 minutes. I turn it back on and the half check engine light is not there anymore so i carefully drive the car back home. The next morning while driving the car i notice a rattling/knocking sound that gets louder the higher the rpm you go. I didn't drive it again. I carpooled for the next 2 months and finally had the time to tow it to the dealership. Oh and by the way my car is stock. It's been there for a little over two weeks. It has been checked by BMW N.A and was given the greenlight to replace the camshaft. The last update i've been given is that they are pushing for an engine replacement.