07-22-2014, 04:13 AM   #9
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
Sounds really great! Have you had a chance to track them yet? On a track would be best, but ya' know what I mean I think.
Only had them on the car for 3.5 days so far so no track work yet
But as I have tracked with the ASTs extensively I will have a lot of baseline data to compare against... quite excited!

Quote:
Did you change ride height and/or corner balance with the new suspension? Any changes to bump steer, toe front and rear, etc.? Curious if the JRZ are more readily optimized within the limitations of the chassis, if that makes any sense. Or does it not make sense to try and separate the dampers' contribution from the sprung setup? Quantum mechanics? Piece of cake. Chassis dynamics? Friggin' black magic.
lol. Well, as I mentioned I did raise the car slightly over where the ASTs were sitting - generally speaking, AST is known for liking really low ride heights. It's a philosophy that comes over from making race shocks for so long but not adjusting that approach when building out their prosumer line, and I think it was a mistake.

Kept toe the same as before. Camber I already mentioned. Bump steer you can't easily alter on these cars other than minimizing roll and more importantly, matching front and rear motion frequencies to compress and rebound more naturally. I'm running essentially the same spring setup as I had on the ASTs (I tried various combinations) so these performance changes are definitely attributed to the dampers alone.
Appreciate 0