View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
I was thinking the same thing about rotating the sway bar so that the top part was more parallel instead of its standard 5o'clock pointing position. I'm not sure how that would impact the geometry of the sway bar being that I didn't try it. But is this what you mean. Yes you can laugh at my drawing.
Well don't quit your day job, but yeah that is exactly what I was thinking. I need to get under my car later this week I will give it a try. I am only on Koni/Eibachs though so maybe 1.5" drop. How low is your front end over stock? I can see this would be an issue if you were like 3" lower.

The motion ratio if you work it back to the sway bar end is maybe (guessing) half the drop. Meaning the amount the bar end moved down is maybe half the drop of the car @ the wheel well due to the fact that the bar end and strut mounting point is well inboard of the tire.

Anyway I am glad you brought this up. I released the binding on all the other major suspension bushings when I installed the Konis and that made a big difference. But I forgot the sway bars! Doh.
Appreciate 0