View Single Post
      04-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #316
Majikthese42
Philosopher-king
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
Went ahead with the install, as well. There are some differences worth noting when installing the alarm kit with the E91 wagon. (BMW part No. 65 12 0 411 219).

First, there is no center dome light with the panoramic sunroof on the E91 so the ultrasonic module is in the front. Installation of the module is done inside the headliner over the driver-side visor. Lastly, the rear of the roof switch pack/ceiling light has to be replaced with a new fascia with the proper slots for the ultrasonic module to emit through (BMW part No. 51-44-7-130-759). Mine was light gray, so the part number may be slightly different for other colors.

Note placement of ultrasonic module. I have also included a photo of the new fascia.
Did you use the BMW Sikaflex adhesive or something else?

Also, I saw from the instructions that the "suggested installation time" was 1 1/2 hours "including re-coding the vehicle". I'm wondering if this is going to be anywhere near cost-effective to do it myself. How much did you finally pay your dealer for the re-coding?
E91 6MT Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, tire pump, jack, floor mats.
Appreciate 0