BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Not true. Its written in most states that it's for emergency situations only. Clearly this case is a bunch of crap and the cop didn't like being called out. Insecure. Petty.

Blake, you're lucky he didn't write you.
In that case, insecure and petty is right. For all the great instances of police doing a great job and truly being heros, there are just as many of cops being douchebags just for the hell of it.

It's funny, but after a recent small fire (long story), the first to arrive on the scene was a local cop with just such a reputation - he has warned me for going 27 in a 25 (in my own neighborhood), cited me for have a 4% too dark tint (just leaving my neighborhood), and cited my neighbor (probably the most competent 70yr old driver I know) for doing 39 in a 35. Seems like everyone has a story about this guy being a tool. During rush hour every day there is a pretty major intersection where someone runs the light every cycle, often nearly causing accidents. I've found out that instead of patrolling this area, he parks behind the movie theater and talks on his phone. Or goes into Best Buy, leaves his car running for 30+ minutes, as he browses the CDs.

Anyway, he arrives, asks me if everyone is out of the house, I reply yes, he doesn't ask if anyone needs any help, medical attention, anything. It was really not a huge deal, but serious enough for the FD to be called, so you'd think he'd at least ask. Nope - just got back into his car and sat there. Once the fire department had the area under control, he left, and the firemen would not stop making fun of the guy. Aside from the whole fire thing, it was pretty funny.

CSBrian
Appreciate 0