04-20-2007, 09:57 AM   #408
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLK33 View Post
After picking up the cable last weekend, my iPod has worked perfectly with the 6FL. No problems. As I'm driving to work this morning, I connect the cable, select the playlist and I'm off. A couple of minutes later, there's a stutter in the middle of the song that's playing, audio cuts out and iDrive says that it's loading the audio files. A couple of minutes--nothing. Still says it's loading. I disconnect the cable and reconnect it. Same screen and still loading. I check the iPod--it's continuing to play and has moved on to another song in the playlist, so it doesn't seem that's the problem.

Fifteen minutes later, no change and iDrive still says its loading. I can navigate through the load screen to select "Playlist" or "Now Playing", but pushing the knob does nothing (I can use the scroll bar at the top to navigate among FM/AM/CD/AUX modes). Cannot access any other part or screen for the AUX menu.

After I get to work, I try disconnecting the iPod a few more times, disconnecting the cable from the car, restarting the car, etc. Same screen and no change--still loading (even when the iPod is not connected to the cable).

Not sure anyone has encountered a similar situation or has advice, but any suggestions? I'm going to give it another go later today and see if I can get it working.

Rot Roh... that doesn't sound good. I agree, if a day goes by and it is still the same you should make an appointment to have it checked out. Expect some shrugging and head scratching, since 6FL is so new. They may reset your iDrive, or wind up opening a PUMA case.

Please keep us informed!!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0