View Single Post
      02-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #8
UFOGUY
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i sedan, white/gray

good choices pimpstar

i also have a 328i sedan and am considering the same options.

i am on a lease and want to make minimal changes to my sedan in case i don't purchase it, although i probably will.

however, for now i am going to pass on a cold air intake system and simply use an AFE replacement filter. as for a muffler it appears that the IKON is
the best means to get only the muffler and not a complete catback system.

for temporary purposes, i think $500 is way high for a muffler although the sound from the IKON is really nice. all i am after is a better exhaust tone and maybe a reduction in back pressure.

i've been searching the internet for an inexpensive performance muffler that can be mounted in place of the OEM. the problem is that the BMW muffler is mounted sideways as compared to american makers and there is no inexpensive replacement to be found (magnaflow, flowmaster, etc.).

i am considering using a small dimension muffler that can be mounted in place of the OEM which will require minimal bending of the exhaust pipe to mount it diagonally.

if some folks have deleted their mufflers completely and like the sound i am thinking that a small muffler would be adequate to soften the sound a little more to be just right.

any ideas?

then again, what the hell, i shouldn't complain about a $500 muffler for a car that listed for forty large.
Attached Images

2007 328i sedan, white/gray, auto, premium package, sport package, xenon headlights, chrome exhaust tips, replaced Bridgestone runflats w/ Toyo Proxes 4 UHP all-season radials.
Appreciate 0