11-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #340
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero
I forgot to mention, for those of you having problems with the software, it's not the software. It's the cable. Open it up and disconnect pin 8 from pin 7. They soldered pin 8 and 7 together to be backwards compatible with K-line cars. I think old E46 or E36. But it was still okay with 2007/2008 3 series because when they switched to DCAN signal, they weren't used.

However, starting in 2009 or so, they introduced the CIC which allows ethernet communication. They put this ethernet signal on pin 8. So when soldered it to pin 7, that threw off the microcontroller in the cable, is what I guess happened. So we keep getting this communication fault right when we tried to read injector.

So once you unsolder it, it will work just fine. This is for the ATMEL ATMega162, green board, white/silver cable, K+DCAN USB cable from china.
Big thanks to Nukezero for this tip. This was my issue as I have a 2009 and green board cable. I also upgraded to win7 ultimate edition from starter edition as I had some issues .....