View Single Post
      09-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #17
jamesbilluk
Private
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 320d convertible

Hi all,

I thought I would give my update on the power kit so far (even though it was only today)

I was booked in for 11.30 at the dealership, when bought the kit they said it would be a 2 hour job so decided to wait there while it was fitted. The bulk of the kit was fitted in very good time. They then had to download the new map to the engine. The service rep was very apologetic and said there would be another 2 hours wait to download it. As the weather was terrible I was still happy to wait. When it came to pay the rep gave me an M sport carbon keyring to apologise for the wait, a nice touch I thought. Many thanks Rybrook Worcester

When pulling out from the dealership, in first and second, it felt quite similar to standard. When pushing on in 3rd or more it made a big difference. It pulls much more, on a duel carriage way it felt much better. After only a bit of time with the car it's tricky to explain, the car seems more alive and responsive, it revs more freely and seems smoother. As the review I read on here, it makes overtaking much easier, there is a satisfying surge when accelerating. Sorry if I'm babbling.. This has only bene the drive home from the dealer, plenty of time to get used to it. It is good to know that its still warranty covered though.

You do get a plaque, here is a photo

James.
Appreciate 0